My wife recently passed away. Is there anything I need to do with the Social Security Administration?

Hello, I am very sorry for your loss. In most cases, a funeral home will report a death to the Social Security Administration. You should provide the funeral home with your husband’s Social Security number. You cannot report a death or apply for survivor’s benefits online. You should call 1-800-772-1213 to speak with Social Security…

Read More

When a Social Security recipient passes away, what will happen to their Social Security benefit payments?

Hello, When a fully insured worker, who may or may not have been collecting Social Security benefits, passes away, dependents of that worker may be entitled to certain amounts of the benefit. Dependent survivors of a worker can include a spouse, ex-spouse, minor or adult-disabled children, and even parents in some cases. The amount that…

Read More

< Back