Personally Identifiable Information
Personally identifiable information is information about users such as name, postal address, email address, company name, credit card number, birth date, social security number, etc. Generally, we may use your personally identifiable information in the following ways:
- To communicate with you about your account or the website.
- To pre-populate online forms for your convenience.
- To personalize various aspects of the website.
- To build quality and useful services by analyzing user trends and by measuring demographics and interests.
- To provide you with prompt and effective customer service.
- To support the operation of the website and troubleshoot.
- To send you newsletters, promotional messages, product announcements or other communications that we feel may be of interest to you, although you may opt out of receiving these communications.
- In other ways that you either expressly consent to or instruct us to undertake.
Disclosing the Information
We may disclose personally identifiable information about users to third parties without asking for explicit consent as follows:
- We will perform research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information we collect, for example during registration, from our server log files and from user surveys. We do this to better understand and serve our users. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. We may share this aggregated data with current or potential advertisers, business partners, investors and other third parties interested in our business.
- We do not sell any of the personally identifiable information to third parties. However, if you have not opted out of receiving postal mail from us or third parties, we may rent your name, postal address and phone number to third parties, which the third parties may use to mail you information. We do not sell, rent or provide your email addresses to any third parties without your permission. All emails you receive are deployed directly by us on behalf of third parties.
- We share website usage information about visitors to the website who have received a targeted email promotional campaign from us with a third-party advertising company for the sole purpose of targeting future email campaigns and upgrading visitor information used in reporting statistics.
- To allow third parties to provide website features and services. These third parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
- To our contractors, consultants and professional advisors so they can provide a service to us. For example, from time to time we may use third parties to help us collect information about our users. In those cases, we will prohibit the third parties from using the information they collect for any purpose other than providing the service to us.
- As we believe necessary to comply with the law and protect the rights, property or safety of others.
- If users engage in illegal activity and we respond to a subpoena, warrant or other court order.
- In connection with the sale or transfer of our website or substantially all of its assets, we will share the data with the acquiring party or transferee. Due to circumstances beyond our control.
As part of the member registration process, you will supply us with your postal address, phone number and email address, and you will be registered to receive periodic communications from us or from other reputable companies affiliated with us. If you do not wish to receive such communications from us or from the reputable companies affiliated with us, you can:
- Opt out of receiving future emailed messages by following the instructions at the bottom of any emailed message you receive from us.
- If you receive communications from us or third parties selected by us by regular mail, you can opt out of receiving future such communications by contacting our customer service.
Please allow ten days for your opt-out election to take effect. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the types of communications described above, we may still from time to time communicate with you about your account or operation of the website; these communications will not be promotional in nature. For example, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance we might send users an email. You cannot opt out of receiving these communications.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We do collect and use some non-personally identifiable, generic information about our users as a means of measuring the effectiveness of our website. Our servers identify certain user information in the normal course of operation, but such information does not reveal a user’s personal identity. We collect this information only in the aggregate and use it to evaluate and improve our website and to provide targeted information that may be of interest to users of our website. The following are examples of non-personally identifiable generic information.
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a user’s computer whenever that user is using the Internet. Website servers can automatically identify individual computers by their IP address. We collect IP addresses for the purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information. We do not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information.
Settings, technical and other information from your computer, such as your operating system, browser version, connectivity, various communication parameters and other information related to the operation and interaction of our website may be collected by us. Except as otherwise provided in this statement, we will use such information solely in order to provide technically appropriate formatting of information provided by us and access to our website. The collection of this information will not include any personally identifiable information about you or any individual user.
Information Provided by Children
Our website is not targeted at children and do not collect or use any personally identifiable data from children.
Disclosure Pursuant to Legal Process
We shall, pursuant to applicable law, regulation or legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order, allow access to all available and relevant information in order to comply with such process and protect our rights and property. We may also allow access to this information in special emergencies where physical safety is at risk.
We are committed to protecting user privacy and expects the same from our partners, co-sponsors and suppliers. We, however, are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices of other websites, including websites reached through a link on our website. Other websites may have different privacy policies, or no policy. Users should review the privacy policies of any website before providing personal information.
Should we modify our practices regarding the collection or use of information obtained from users in the future, this privacy statement will be amended to reflect such modifications.