Can I switch benefits at a local SSA office or over the phone?

Published: August 23, 2023

Full question: I am currently receiving spousal benefits and my wife is receiving full benefits. I turn 70 in November and want to switch to my full benefits. Do I need to go to a Social Security Office or can this switch be done over the phone with SSA?


You can do either. Make sure that switch occurs and that you see the increase in your December check or if not, you should contact SSA again.

Best of luck,

Schedule Appointment
Back to All