How do I correct my Social Security earnings history?

Published: May 17, 2024

Full question: My earnings on Social Security website show zero earnings even though taxes were with held from paycheck. How do I get this corrected?

Hi there,

You can submit past income tax filings and/or paychecks to the SSA to have those years updated.

There are some restrictions on how far back these corrections can be made.

Learn more here.

Best of luck,

Schedule Appointment
Back to All