“Still Syndrome” & “Unretirement”: Debunking The Negativity Of Aging
Welcome to episode #2 of Social Security: Answers From The Experts with Martha Shedden. In this stellar episode Martha sits down with Chris Farrell and they discuss how people should think about and plan for claiming Social Security and retirement in general.
Chris is currently the senior economics contributor at Marketplace, American Public Media’s nationally syndicated public radio business and economic program. He is also economics commentator for Minnesota Public Radio and host of its series Conversations on the Creative Economy as well as a columnist for PBS Next Avenue and the Star Tribune. He has published five books on personal finance and the economy including, most recently, Purpose and a Paycheck: Finding Meaning, Money, and Happiness is the Second Half of Life.
Here is what to expect on this week’s show:
● How Chris became an author who writes about retirement and its implications for health, happiness, and security.
● Chris’ thoughts about elderly people being able to learn new skills and technologies and the implications for this and the larger economy.
● A look at Chris’ book about baby boomers retiring and the surprisingly positive effects it may have on the economy.
● Why Chris wants to push back on the idea that retirement means switching to a life of leisure.
● Thoughts on the interplay between finances, meaning, and happiness.
● What is flawed about the retirement system in the United States, and what changes could be made to it.
● Why planning Social Security decisions as a couple is usually much better, if the conversation and planning actually occurs.
● Thoughts about when to claim Social Security and how much of your income to devote to saving for retirement.
📊 Get a customized Social Security plan. Start with a complimentary 10-minute consultation with our team of Registered Social Security Analysts.
➡️ Financial Advisors and Accountants – Become an RSSA and discover how Social Security expertise can unlock massive opportunities for your practice.
✔ Download our White Paper: Social Security Expertise, the Next New Trend for Financial Professionals.
⚠️ Questions about the RSSA Social Security Education & Training for Financial Professionals & Advisors?
⚠️ Questions about maximizing and optimizing your Social Security benefits?