A CFP’s Current Thoughts On Retirement And Social Security, With Skip Schweiss
Welcome to episode #1 of Social Security: Answers From The Experts with Martha Shedden.In this highly informative episode Martha sits down with Skip Schweiss and they discuss a multitude of helpful topics related to retirement planning and social security.
Skip Schweiss is a Certified Financial Planner, CFP, and an Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF. He recently served as the volunteer president for the Financial Planning Association (FPA), which is the principal membership organization for Certified Financial Planner professionals and those who support the financial planning process.A distinguished financial services executive and advocate for more than 30 years, Skip’s career has been focused on serving the needs of Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs) and increasing the awareness of financial advice delivered with a fiduciary standard of care.
Here is what to expect on this week’s show:
● Skip’s background story, why he went into financial services and how he eventually became the President of the FPA.
● A look at TD Ameritrade’s Retirement Plan Solutions platform, which Skip was responsible for, and the services it offered.
● Common financial mistakes Skip seen people make when they head into retirement, specifically as relates to Social Security.
● Some of the non-obvious effects on retirement causes by the fact that people are working and living longer on average.
● Some of the changes involved in the 2019 Secure Act and how they may affect you.
● What changes would Skip make, if he could, to Social Security and why.
● The helpful services a CFP can provide for those about to retiree, and how they can help them understand their Social Security options.
● Some fun things about Skip that you might find interesting!
📊 Get a customized Social Security plan. Start with a complimentary 10-minute consultation with our team of Registered Social Security Analysts.
➡️ Financial Advisors and Accountants – Become an RSSA and discover how Social Security expertise can unlock massive opportunities for your practice.
✔ Download our White Paper: Social Security Expertise, the Next New Trend for Financial Professionals.
⚠️ Questions about the RSSA Social Security Education & Training for Financial Professionals & Advisors?
⚠️ Questions about maximizing and optimizing your Social Security benefits?