The Macro And Micro Economics Of Social Security
Welcome to episode #5 of Social Security: Answers From The Experts with Martha Shedden. In this highly informative episode Martha sits down with Laurence Kotlikoff, and they talk about many aspects of Social Security planning as well as Larry’s views on retirement financial planning in general. It is an episode filled with useful information that can be put to good use.
Laurence Kotlikoff is a professor of economics at Boston University, president of Economic Security Planning, and a New York Times best-selling author. His columns, articles, and books cover personal finance, generational policy, climate policy, inequality, tax reform, Social Security, banking, robotization, growth, and much more.
His company produces the world’s most powerful personal financial planning tools.
Here is what to expect on this week’s show:
● Information about Larry’s background, how his thesis paper in college helped steer him into what he does, and information about his best selling book on Social Security.
● Some of the most common questions Larry faces about retirement finances while he is writing his “Ask Larry” column.
● Information about the software that Larry helps to develop, software that aims at preserving and raising a family’s financial wellbeing.
● The “chicken and egg” problem that many families face, and how Larry addresses this in his financial planning.
● The changes Larry would make to Social Security, if he had the power to (this is very interesting!).
● The intriguing story of the two times that Larry ran for president as a write-in candidate.
● How longevity risk is a real thing and how people make mistakes with this risk when it comes to Social Security decisions.
● Some important thoughts about how to think about investing in the market and when to turn to inflation index bonds.
Connect with Larry:
📊 Get a customized Social Security plan. Start with a complimentary 10-minute consultation with our team of Registered Social Security Analysts.
➡️ Financial Advisors and Accountants – Become an RSSA and discover how Social Security expertise can unlock massive opportunities for your practice.
✔ Download our White Paper: Social Security Expertise, the Next New Trend for Financial Professionals.
⚠️ Questions about the RSSA Social Security Education & Training for Financial Professionals & Advisors?
⚠️ Questions about maximizing and optimizing your Social Security benefits?