The Danger Of Social Security “Short-Term” Thinking
Welcome to episode #12 of Social Security: Answers From The Experts with Martha Shedden. In this episode Martha sits down with Dave Freitag and they discuss his educated views on all sorts of retirement and Social Security issues, and expose many options that people have available to them unknowingly.
David Freitag, an industry veteran in financial services and wealth management, brings a deep passion and unparalleled expertise in Social Security filing strategies and retirement income planning to his current role as a financial planning consultant with Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual). He has been featured in Market Watch, CNBC, USA Today Money, and The Street.Com. David holds Chartered Life Underwriter, Chartered Financial Consultant, Chartered Retirement Planning Consultant designations, and his Series 7 and 24 securities licenses. He also holds a Master of Education and Bachelor of Science degrees from the University of Maryland.
Here is what to expect on this week’s show:
● A little bit about Dave’s background and how he came to be a financial planner who is so interested in Social Security.
● The common mistakes that Dave’s sees people making as they plan for retirement.
● An example of how a holistic approach to Social Security decisions is the right way to go, showing that everyone’s story is different.
● Shocking statistics of assumptions that people have about their Social Security benefits.
● Martha and Dave discuss the errant belief that “Social Security is broke”.
● How would Dave extend Social Security, in a healthy way, if he had the power to do so.
● How the baby boomer retirement experience differs from previous generations.
● Some interesting information about Dave you may expect from his job description.
● The importance of planning for one partners death affect upon the other financially early on.
📊 Get a customized Social Security plan. Start with a complimentary 10-minute consultation with our team of Registered Social Security Analysts.
➡️ Financial Advisors and Accountants – Become an RSSA and discover how Social Security expertise can unlock massive opportunities for your practice.
✔ Download our White Paper: Social Security Expertise, the Next New Trend for Financial Professionals.
⚠️ Questions about the RSSA Social Security Education & Training for Financial Professionals & Advisors?
⚠️ Questions about maximizing and optimizing your Social Security benefits?