Welcome to episode #11 of Social Security: Answers From The Experts with Martha Shedden. In this highly informative episode Martha sits down with Elliott Raphaelson and he shares some very useful information about Social Security benefits, and how one can take advantage of them in ways many people are unaware of.
As a former bank executive, university lecturer and court mediator helping people resolve financial disputes, Elliot Raphaelson has seen all sides of the savings game and is no novice when it comes to writing about money. A retired executive of Chase Manhattan Bank, he has taught courses in personal financial planning at The New School for Social Research and at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, and he has conducted seminars for Chase, Dow Jones & Co. and other corporations. He is currently teaching personal financial planning for Rollins College in Orlando, Florida, at the Rollins Center for Lifelong Learning.
Raphaelson’s past publications include “How to Be Your Own Financial Planner” and “Planning Your Financial Future.” His writing has appeared in The New York Times, Town & Country, Vogue, Self, Savvy and Working Woman magazines. Raphaelson also worked as a certified mediator and trainer in a Florida county court, where he helped resolve personal financial problems of every description.
Here is what to expect on this week’s show:
● A look into Elliott’s background, which included 23 years at Chase bank before he became a highly respected writer.
● How and why Elliott started teaching a course of personal finance for the New School of Social Research, which greatly affected his career.
● Some of the most common questions that Elliott relieves for the columns he writers.
● How it is that his articles on Social Security get more questions and more of a response than his articles on other subjects.
● Some of the unexpected aspects of retirement finances that people routinely run into.
● Why your benefits can change greatly if you get divorced after 10 years of marriage as opposed to less than 10.
● Some useful information about survival benefits and how that works even if you get remarried or got divorce before one partner passed away.
● What changes to Social Security would Elliott make if he was in charge of the program.
Connect with Elliott:
📊 Get a customized Social Security plan. Start with a complimentary 10-minute consultation with our team of Registered Social Security Analysts.
➡️ Financial Advisors and Accountants – Become an RSSA and discover how Social Security expertise can unlock massive opportunities for your practice.
✔ Download our White Paper: Social Security Expertise, the Next New Trend for Financial Professionals.
⚠️ Questions about the RSSA Social Security Education & Training for Financial Professionals & Advisors?
⚠️ Questions about maximizing and optimizing your Social Security benefits?