Mary Beth Franklin Shares Social Security Secrets
Welcome to episode #4 of Social Security: Answers From The Experts with Martha Shedden. In this exciting episode Martha sits down with Mary Beth Franklin and they discuss many important topics related to Social Security claiming decisions that all retirees will face.
Mary Beth Franklin is a CFP and a retirement speaker and author who writes about the latest research and thought leadership on retirement income planning. She is a Contributing Editor at Investment News specializing in Social Security, Medicare and Retirement income. She has been a financial journalist for more than 40 years, covering everything from federal budget and tax policies as a Capitol Hill reporter for United Press International to consumer finances as a writer and editor at Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazine. She is the author of “Maximizing Your Social Security Retirement Benefits” and host of the Retirement Repair Shop podcast.
Here is what to expect on this week’s show:
● Why Mary decided to go into Journalism, and how she picked writing about Social Security and retirement issues.
● The common regrets that people have about their Social Security decisions, a topic that Mary has written about.
● Important information about when to claim and the importance of waiting as long as possible to claim so that your monthly check can be as large as possible.
● Information about suspending one’s benefits, how to do that, who this would benefit, and what this process entails.
● Current trends in the age and manner that people and couples are claiming their benefits.
● How the pandemic has affected Social Security claiming trends, and what the future may look like.
● What changes would Mary make to Social Security if she was in control of it.
● A few important takeaways for people to think about if they are approaching retirement age.
Connect with Mary:
📊 Get a customized Social Security plan. Start with a complimentary 10-minute consultation with our team of Registered Social Security Analysts.
➡️ Financial Advisors and Accountants – Become an RSSA and discover how Social Security expertise can unlock massive opportunities for your practice.
✔ Download our White Paper: Social Security Expertise, the Next New Trend for Financial Professionals.
⚠️ Questions about the RSSA Social Security Education & Training for Financial Professionals & Advisors?
⚠️ Questions about maximizing and optimizing your Social Security benefits?