Social Security for Arizona retirees — here’s what you can expect:
- Retirement benefits
- Benefits for disabled workers and their dependents
- Benefits to the families of deceased workers
You may also be entitled to:
- Supplemental Security Income program (SSI) – a needs-based program for people ages 65+ and people with disabilities, regardless of age.
- Assistance if you are a Medicare beneficiary with limited income to apply for extra help with the cost of prescription drugs (Medicare Prescription Drug Program.)
Social Security: It’s tax free in Arizona
While the IRS may tax you on up to 85% of on Social Security benefits, all Social Security income is tax-free on your Arizona state income tax return —regardless of income or the size of your Social Security benefit.
What you need to know as an Arizona retiree:
- Arizona is moderately tax-friendly toward retirees
- Withdrawals from retirement accounts are fully taxed
- Wages are taxed at the normal rates.
- Public and private pension incomes are partially taxed
- Property taxes are relatively low but sales tax rates are fairly high
Find a Social Security Advisor that has the RSSA credential.
If you’re planning for retirement in Arizona, advisors who are Registered Social Security Analysts can help you gain far more Social Security income by making the optimal claiming decisions. Our clients have realized from $20K to $200K in potential additional benefits. Contact us today for a complimentary 15-minute consultation with one of our RSSA advisors.