How do I switch from my ex-spouses benefits to my own benefits now that I’m 70 years old?

Published: March 5, 2024

Hi there,

We recommend that you call or set up a meeting with your local SSA office to make sure the transition goes smoothly.

If you have already turned 70, you can request retroactive benefits back to age 70 for up to 6 months. Note that if you request retroactive back to before 70, your benefit amount will be reduced.

Take care,

Schedule Appointment
Back to All